Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Freshwater > Freshwater & Brackish - General Discussion
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 12-02-2009, 04:18 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Addict

Question Snail shipping question.

I have some MTS snails (well about 10,000 actually lol) that I am going to send to some friends, what is the best way to ship them, packaging wise?

Old 12-02-2009, 04:33 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

lucky you lol have you heard of assassin snails? lol

best way is a little water double bagged 2mm poly bag. prob be fine with out a heat pack for now. now you prob dont want to send 10k in one bag lol. i use 4x16 bags i would put 10-15 per bag. though really they dont need 10k a few would do lol

Old 12-02-2009, 04:45 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

You know, the plants you sent me had some (I believe they were Ramshorn?) snails on them, and I was SO stoked! But my BGK decided that their heads were really good....Now there is only one lone survivor in that tank, and one in the betta tanks. I don't want assassin snails cause I do like SOME MTS lol.
Ok, double ziploc bags okay? And no, I didn't mean I was going to send all 10k ROFL! I would need bigger bags. And they are pretty small, aka newborns pretty much lol, and I am going to stick a couple IAL in there too. It is only 23 degrees here, I think a heat pack would be a good idea? They are going to Florida and I am sending them out on Monday or Tuesday.
Old 12-02-2009, 07:28 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict

Anyone?
Old 12-02-2009, 07:51 PM   #5
Aquarium Free - 2+ Years

POTM Champion

a heat pack would be a good idea if thats what youre asking... especially if its in the 20's up there...

"What, exactly, is the internet? Basically it is a global network exchanging digitized data in such a way that any computer, anywhere, that is equipped with a device called a 'modem', can make a noise like a duck choking on a kazoo." - Dave Barry
mfdrookie516 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 08:19 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Addict

Yes that was my question. Do they sell those at the PO? I am not sure exactly what they are, the only thing I can think of are hand warmers and they don't last long lol.

Oh, and it was down to 18 last night.....YUK!
Old 12-02-2009, 08:50 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

you dont have 10k yet, more like 1k.

Dont get rid of the possum one.
Old 12-02-2009, 10:04 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Addict

Umm, yes I do have like 10,000....between the 4 tanks.....LOL!

I am not getting rid of any of the huge ones! And there were like 4 possum ones lol!

But where do I get a heat pack?
Old 12-02-2009, 10:38 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Addict

Sporting good store, drug store, possibly home and garden stores too.

No way, 10K is way to many in that short of time, its only been a month or two, right? or has time flown by that fast?

Id say you have atleast 150 in each tank no more then 250 MAX. Its fun sending em out, just if you want put a slice of zuke in with the snail and ship em like I did, It didnt leak did it?

I ship snails like plants,cept with a little more water.
You arent close to Lacey and how far are you from post falls? I know my work has them and those are the only two stores close to you. The only one in canada so far is winnepeg. heard one is opening in BC close to the idaho/wash/canada border.

Im afraid to ship right now, its friggin COLD out there, was near 50 this morning, its gotta be in the high 20's now.
Old 12-03-2009, 12:15 AM   #10
Aquarium Advice Addict

I will check WalMart I guess, if not I will look somewhere else. They aren't the same thing as hand warmers are they?
I would say there are more than 150 in two tanks lol. The come out in the day and climb the walls, I am pretty sure they don't sleep.
You didn't put any zuchinni in there when you sent them to me lol, and no, it didn't leak.
Cabela's in PF is about 2 hours away from me, NO THANKS! LOL! And Lacey, I am not sure. Google Ione, WA and tell me how far it is LMAO! I am about 22 miles from Canada, and 30 from the Idaho border. EXTREME North!
I would kill for 50 degrees right now! It has been 18-20 here for three days, and not supposed to snow till Saturday. Of course that will be when I can make it into town lol! Good thing I have my snow tires on!

Tags
shipping, snail

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com