Snail Troubles and Driftwood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Yes I know the dg , went over board .. The bettas can be together as long as there is not to males in the same tank . I've already been warned about dg and bettas not being together but the literately lay on each other , they're fine . As long as I don't see any aggression and my fish stay healthy then I'm not setting another tank up or removing anyone . I want to remove a male and fem dwarf but to be honest I'm not sure what to do with them . And I only have one snail so no breeding problems there . The peacock fern is floating and thriving , employee at pm told me to do that with it . Anywho did I get everyone ? Lol

O and I have a 36 gal bow , (30 L 15 W 21 H) my lfs told me that I can hold 25 fish . So I thought I was doing good by only having 18 ? Was I misinformed ?

There is a common rule of 1" inch of fully grown fish per gallon of water, but that is VERY loose.
I would research the fish that you have currently, see what you can keep, and get rid of the rest.
Just because you can fill a tank, doesn't necessarily mean you should...

jennagsimpson said:
O and I have a 36 gal bow , (30 L 15 W 21 H) my lfs told me that I can hold 25 fish . So I thought I was doing good by only having 18 ? Was I misinformed ?

You really can't put a number on how many fish a tank can hold, Unless you know the specific fish... But I can tell you you have too many.

I would definitely keep an eye of the dg. That's way to Many for a 36 gallon. If you don't want to rehome them I would add a lot of plant coverage to cut their line of site.

I might be wrong on this part but aren't bumblebee gobies bw fish?

How do I get rid of fish . I'm really aggravated at this point I told my lfs I was a beginner exactly what tank I had and asked what and how much of it I could put . I think I'll just bring them back to them and make them take them since they put me in such a tough situation .

jennagsimpson said:
How do I get rid of fish . I'm really aggravated at this point I told my lfs I was a beginner exactly what tank I had and asked what and how much of it I could put . I think I'll just bring them back to them and make them take them since they put me in such a tough situation .

Sounds good. If not, post some adds on the site classifieds, and on craigslist. :) don't listen to the LFS. Telling them you were a beginner is like telling a dog there's a declawed cat tied to a tree. You're fresh meat. They just want your money. :(

Don't feel bad, same thing happend to me when my tank first got ick. Lfs made me buy all this crap that just killed or hurt my fish. Never take their advice. always post your questions here. There are so many people who have gone through your situations that together we can get you through whatever it is that your going through. And yes take them back to the lfs and tell them that whoever gave you the idea for multiple dg gave you false information!! That's the safest thing for your fish!!!

So my driftwood is squeaky clean and ready for my tank , all I need is a piece of slate and adhesive , suggestions ?

Attachments

• image-3286566148.jpg
    image-3286566148.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 77
Ok I'm finally about to do all the renovations on my tank , dw , adding some black pebbles , moving plants around , taking fake stuff out ect . Is this to stressful for my fish ? Should I bag them up and put them in a paper bag or just leave them in the there ?

Back
Top Bottom