snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

logansmomma1228

Aquarium Advice Addict
I got some feeder snails from the LFS today but I don't want to put them all in the tank, and I don't have the other ones set up. I have the 29 full of water but it is now just sitting there until I figure out what is up with the filter. The 5 is empty. I have them in the cup I use to feed Alejandro with. Will they be good in there? I have read that they can breed in a bucket, so I am guessing they will be fine? Also I dont want them crawling all over my house lol

Yeah I was thinking of that, but I wanted him to eat so bad I put a couple in the tank already and he ate some. I do trust the place I got them from, but that doesn't mean nothing will ever be contaminated from there and I would rather be safe than sorry. I got scared though because he stopped eating the brine shrimp and I just wanted him to eat. I am wanting to set the 5 up anyways because I know that will cycle (until i figure out what is going on with the 29) and I am having fits of MTS and wanting to mess with another tank lol.

they should be fine even for a uncyled tank. i have had snails in a tank i was doing fishless cycling and they just wouldnt die.

So I just went and checked the snails out some more, and they are actually a little bit of everything! I'm kind of nervous as far as the MTS because I have read that they could crack my little guy's teeth.

I actually remember reading some place that MTS was good for puffers because their shells had more calcium then other snails. Dont quote me though, as I am not 100% sure.

So now that I set up my 5G QT I am tempted to turn it into a shrimp/snail tank! lol. **** MTS, and I don't mean the snail ;) It kind of sucks because I like watching them scoot around in there. . . . I really need to get the 29 going lol. Or else I am going to end up with a billion little tanks all over the place. I have learned something though; I am not buying crappy walmart tanks anymore. The 5 gallon filter already stopped working and it's only been running for about 8 or 9 hours.

I didn't check it, but next time I will. Is it possible that it could jam up maybe? The filter is brand new but I know that doesn't mean it won't have a chance of having bunk parts . I am just getting frustrated with all these filters going arye.

Yeah, the impeller could have gotten something stuck in it. With my AT's I used to have to lift the intake up after it died just to get it going again. I noticed when I looked at the impeller the things in there were cheaply made, and therefore bend and had extra pieces of plastic things hanging off of them. You know what I am talking about....LOL

Back
Top Bottom