snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No there MTS. that feed the Assassins in the tank. the driftwood has lots of holes for the little ones to get into and I'm moving it from one tank to another and don't want them in the new tank.

I don't know what other kind of fish you have in your tank, but clown loaches LOVE to EAT snails!
Before I had clowns in my aquarium I had a bad snail infestation and they even got into my cannister filter and were reproducing THERE!
I just manually removed them from the cannister, but when I added the clown loaches, all of a sudden there were just empty snail shells. They LOVED them and took care of the problem.
The Clown Loaches are very nice fishies and they need caves to hide in, but they are playful and fun to watch and especially like to come out and during the day when the lights are off. But they will take care of your snail problem, if you have a nice community tank with compatible fish.
Good luck. I've been there with that problem.
Oh, if you decided to get clowns, you'll need to get a small group, at least 3 because they love their own company and will pine away and die if you get only one.

why dont you like the snails? if you dont overfeed,they dont overpopulate

I love my snails!! Like I said they feed my assassin snails. But that's in the 29 gal. I don't want mts in my 75 gal I want a def kind and with any luck I won't transfer any over

Back
Top Bottom