snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

tomoisawatergod

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi recently I have been pondering about buying some snails for my tank. Mainly to help keep it clean.

But in the past I have found that with snails come with massive breeding problems. And they invest the tank.

Is there any particular snail that maybe doesn't breed well in a domestic aquaria?

Hmmm have you tried golden mystery snails? I had mine reproduce but not crazy like pond snails do. I love mine. I know there's snails that only reproduce in brackish conditions maybe it's the nerite snail I'll find out and get back to you.

Ok I researched a bit and it is the nerite that needs brackish conditions to breed but not all of them apparently some species can but there not as common. So I'd say go for the mysterys, nerites or the assassin snail

Oh and the nerite eats mainly algae so if you want it to eat left over foods and stuff go for the others

If u go with assassin snails be sure to only have thise in tank . The will kill most other snails . Kust fyi!

GreenTerrorNoob said:
If u go with assassin snails be sure to only have thise in tank . The will kill most other snails . Kust fyi!

I was just about to say that too haha They can be good if u have pond snails or others you want to get rid of but like as above if you want different typed go with the mystery snail. If your not fussed and happy keep just the assassins go for it :)

tomoisawatergod said:
Thank you very much guys, will you in my nearest fish shop asap :)

no probs let us know what u get i know some snails are considered pests but i have a soft spot for my golden mystery snails and my 3year old finds them hilariouse for some reason haha

Back
Top Bottom