Snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Cafrye

Aquarium Advice Regular
I got some in one of my 75 gallon tanks when I put in some plants;

Does anyone know how to get rid of SNAILS

:(

If you don't have any inverts then a copper treatment should work.

I managed to rid myself of pond snails by removing any I saw and during PWC I would hunt for egg sacks in the corners of my tank as I have shrimp copper wasn't an option.

Jon

Safe way is to put in a blanched green bean. When the snails are on it and eating, just pull out the bean and wash them off. If you still have snails left, put the bean back into the tank and wait until there are more on it. Rinse, lather, repeat! LOL!!!

You can also do the above with leaf lettuce softened by hot water. Another option is putting in a couple assissin snails, they will kill and eat other snails. But once you put them in you can't add any good snails so be sure you want your tank snail free.

I got some in my tank with plants also. It's fairly easy to manually control the population, and my fish eat them once I kill them in my 150g. I look at it as free treats for my fish. At one point they did get out of control and I spent an hour or so exterminating and cleaning, but a little snail hunting every few days provides treats for the fish, and its free! Lol just a positive spin on an otherwise annoying situation

Back
Top Bottom