snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

princesleyaa

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
i'm thinking about adding a snail to my 10 gallon tank? i don't know much about them and am hoping to find out more info. what type should i get?

Depends on the snails. For the most part, no. Sometimes when they are underfed and if the plants are not doing well.

They won't eat healthy plants. But I believe decaying plant matter they will. They like algae and cucumbers.

oh interesting i was looking into merits or ramshorn snails, but i will definitely look into mystery snails as well now

Ramshorn are nice if you watch feeding and population. Nerites don't reproduce in fresh water so you don't have to monitor.

I keep all 3IMG_9100.jpgIMG_9022.jpgIMG_9107.jpg

And pond snails. IMG_9378.jpg
And a few Malaysian Trumpets

Attachments

• IMG_9047.jpg
    IMG_9047.jpg
    252.5 KB · Views: 125
Snails will co habitate with prettt much anything. They can do some stuff to certain plants but as far as other creatures go theyll be fine

Just like fish they can. But you have to change water frequently as you would for the fish.

Snails are always the first critter to show up in my tanks when cycling. They will somehow always get on on plants or other ways. Most of the time, feeding too much will result in their population exploding but by keeping feeding in check you can also keep th snail population in check.

Back
Top Bottom