snails

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Is it round or long and cone and screwy looking?
The round ones are not good for plants, the long cone ones won't bother the plants.

its round but the end of it is spiral and its goldish brown.

Attachments

• pondsnail_206.jpg
    pondsnail_206.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 329
  • pondsnail_158.jpg
    pondsnail_158.jpg
    11.4 KB · Views: 331
That is definately a pond snail, a pest IMO. I would remove it. I don't know if it will eat your plants or not but it will multiply like crazy!

throw him outside is the easiest way. there is no nice way to get rid of him but if u dont u will have more than u can count very soon and your plants wil be gone so dipose of him quick or put him in an unplanted tank that u dont mind having lots os snails in.

mr funktastic said:
throw him outside is the easiest way. there is no nice way to get rid of him but if u dont u will have more than u can count very soon and your plants wil be gone so dipose of him quick or put him in an unplanted tank that u dont mind having lots os snails in.

They are also quite tasty sauteed in garlic butter and served on toast points :p

In all seriousness, some loaches or a few African cichlids will clean up a pond snail problem quickly if you find that you've got more than just that one in your tank.

i moved the snail into another tank and then found another and put it in thats all that was in there so main tank is all good.

Keep an eye out though, if you found more than one already there very well might be eggs in the tank that will hatch soon.

Back
Top Bottom