Snails and Skunk Loaches

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Buckfins

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi all! I have heard from several sources that skunk loaches are really good snail control. I would love the communities thoughts on this.

Are you looking at having them for snail control, or do you want them but have snails you love and don't want them to be eaten? They are known snail eaters. I haven't had them, but if their cousins the Clown Loaches which have the similar reputation are any indicator, they will eat probably all of the snails.

Last edited:
Are you looking at having them for snail control, or do you want them but have snails you love and don't want them to be eaten? They are known snail eaters. I haven't had them, but if their cousins the Clown Loaches which have the similar reputation are any indicator, they will eat probably all of the snails.
I want them ALL sucked outta their shells and CHOWED.

Well I routinely feed my (Clown) Loaches spare, cull snails. I never see them after the second day. Don't forget after the snails are gone they still like to eat meat foods on a regular basis. They are meat lovers.

Back
Top Bottom