Snakeskin Gourami Behavior

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

physicsdude

Aquarium Advice Freak
Hi- I have a 5" snakeskin gourami that has some interesting behavior. He appears almost a very faint yellow with a black streak when swimming around the tank. The stripes of vertical dark brown bands show, but appear evry faint on his body. Yet, when he eats, forages for food on the gravel, or tries to nibble on the plants, he changes colors. Like, he'll suddenly have very dark brown to black vertical bars covering him with a deep, rich yellow when doing thos things listed. He seems good; no stress from tankmates or others. I'm just curious if this behavior is typical behavior or a sign of bad environment or something.

I can't guarantee it is normal behaviour as I have never kept this gourami. But I suspect it is normal. Did you test parameters to be safe?

O yea all is good. I dunno, he seems to be in tip top shape, but the color change is beautiful, if not a little weird.

That is typical behavior for many fish. Not just gouramis. Many fish change colors in response to stimuli. Feeding is very much a stimuli.

Back
Top Bottom