So bummed...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Talvari

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I was gone for almost a week and a half, staying at my Aunts, house sitting and taking care of her elderly dog. My husband stopped home a few times to feed the fish, the cats, etc. I guess he didn't think to look over the fish tanks the way I normally do, so he missed the fact that there was dead fish in the tank. Ammonia spiked, badly. It was around 5 ppms. I lost almost a dozen fish.

Im so frustrated now, because I was finally happy with my fish tank. The way it looked, the way it was stocked, etc.

Current Stock (With what WAS stocked in parenthesis)

-3 Bloodfin Tetra (Had 8)
-4 Serpae Tetra (Had 8)
-4 Peppered Cory (Had 5)
-4 Nerite Snails
-4 Otos
-2 Pineapple Swordtails (Had 4)
-2 Bristlenose
-1 Pearl Gourami
-1 Blue Ram
-1 Hifin Pleco

I did an emergency 75% water change last night cause everyone was looking pretty lethargic. I retested this morning, and thankfully its down to around 1ppm. Ill probably do another PWC today or tomorrow. Hopefully I don't loose anything else, though my poor Blue Ram was breathing pretty heavy and not moving much.

:banghead:

Sorry to hear about your troubles.

Give it another couple of hours and do another water change (50%) and then retest tonight. Your tank will be back to normal in no time.

^^^ agreed, just do your water changes and test again. It will go down. Also just wanna say sorry about what happened.

Bummer. I still haven't hit that magic set up where I like everything. Gotta be tough to get there and then redo it again.

Everything is finally back to normal. Im still so very irritated that I lost all those fish. I can tell you, I was like... Forget this! Im getting rid of everything!

And then I came back to my senses. Ugh.

Its going to be awhile before I restock. Money is really short cause the care broke down *again* and rent is due.

Looks like a divorce is on the way lol jk

Back
Top Bottom