so crayfish is on the menu?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They are feeders, they are meant to be there temporarily. Stocking plans are made around long term with adult fish sizes in mind.

I've kept crayfish before also, even well fed ones might end up eating pretty much anything they can get ahold of, it's just how they are. No, not all of them do this, but it's in their nature to.

There is no way of knowing for sure, you just have to test it out. It may be that you get a Crayfish who is passive to other fish, or not.

what would be some good fish with mexican orange dwarf crayfish? ill be ordering one of those instead bc they dont eat plants and rarely fish.

oh and dont forget there will be maybe 1o gallons of water. unless i decide to fill it up instead.

If you're going to do a tank that is half water half not. Why don't you look into some mudskippers instead? Cool lil buggers. But if you are stuck on crayfish. You're going to have to go with a dwarf one for sure.

the whole reason i started aquariums was for a crayfish i resqued from getting eatin so i want to get another one.

allaboutfish said:
the whole reason i started aquariums was for a crayfish i resqued from getting eatin so i want to get another one.

Okie dokie. Sounds like a noble cause! I'd say go with a dwarf one. The orange have a great color t them.

20 gallons really isn't large enough for one fancy goldfish, IMO (speaking from experience). I see that listed a lot as a minimum from various sources and I just tend to disagree.

ok. the aquarium would have to be on the carpet so id be best to have the ecosystem with a river. now i dont know how large or how many gallons the "river" will be so what are the best minnows for it?

2215689331_225fcb4e7f.jpg

see like this but more land

Back
Top Bottom