So I'm no longer a weak idiot.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ScottS

Aquarium Advice Freak
I caved. My tank cycled and I've been keeping tabs on the Cardinal Tetras at the LFS. They had a dozen originally, but they have just one left, and he's been by himself in the tank for a while. Just recently, they put hatchets in with him.

So he's a survivor, even when left alone. I figured in my moment of weakness that living alone without fellow cardinals in my house can't be much worse than living alone without any of his buddies at the lfs. Last I checked, the LFS about an hour away had some, so I'll run down there this weekend if they still have them.

So what's worse than making a Cardinal Tetra the guinea pig in a newly cycled tank? :oops: I know better, I really do! They're just so darn beautiful!

David Boruchowitz, "The Simple Guide To Freshwater Aquariums," : "Do not put delicate fish into the new aquarium" With a picture of Cardinal Tetra :wink:

But you arlready knew that, and I am being a smart ass :lol:

My cardinal survived the first couple days in a newly cycled, lonesome aquarium, and in the meantime, I was able to locate some cardinals some distance from here. Made a fast dash after work, aka a three hour round trip, and grabbed the last nine cardinals at another lfs. They are tiny boogers. I thought my first one was small, but these guys are really little. They're being acclimated as I type. Another half hour and in they go!

Now to see if my lfs can get in the Cory duplicareous I want! :D

I set up the tank, and my wife was leery about having a tank, but now she's more mezmorized by them than I!

Back
Top Bottom