So many new fish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have been trying to get a post up since mother's day but I have been WAY too busy. Anywho, my husband and son were awesome and brought me fish shopping for the day! :fish2: It was awesome. My son's tank is now full with 12 gold long finned danios, 6 congo tetras, and 7 panda cories (it's a 55gal tank)! WOOHOO! Also I picked up 8 neon tetras (which I believe to now be 7) for my 55gal. :fish1:

I have a few questions. :confused:

1) How do you get food to the cories without massively overfeeding the tank?

2) I have turned off the new water circulator in my 55gal now that it has the tetras in it, but they are still hiding. I plan on getting at least 12 more eventually so that total tank would be 19 neon tetras, 8 giant danios, and one BN pleco. Do you think a larger number of the neons will make them feel more comfortable coming out a little more? It's amazing how well the brightly blue and red blend into the fake plants of our tank.

:thanks:

ok. i have sinking pellets, not for shrimp though, it's for everybody.

No i ment shrimp flavored sinking pellets, corys are carnivores from what i was told/read. I also have panda corys they like the shrimp flavor but i also see them eating the sinking algae wafers i put in for my bristle nose

Also i had my temps way too high for the coryswhen i got them i list 2 before i was able to get the temp down to about 75 since then haven't lost anymore could have been bad stock our high temp idk

Back
Top Bottom