So, probably getting an 8 foot, 200 gallon tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Goldfish loach boy

Aquarium Advice Addict
So, here is this 15 year old, which apparently to many people doesn't know anything, but I do know something, how to save!
So I have five grand dollars saved, and I want a 200 gallon tank, I am planning on putting these on
1 arowana
2 red belly pacu
1 marveled bichir
1 freshwater lion fish
1 spotted gar
2 motoro stingray
How is this?

I can't believe you have a place to put that monster I can't even set up my 45 gallon because we don't have space for the little thing.

Hah, I know, but get this, it might go in my room! This will probably take up an entire wall!

I have a 220g tank and have owned many large tank over the years and one very important thing you have to consider is your floor joists. I have my large tank in our sunroom on a 20" thick concrete slab foundation. If you have a basement the tank needs to be positioned so it sit across the floor joists not along them in the same direction. Also adding some floor jacks is a good idea for added protection. We did this with larger tanks that were inside the house that had a basement. Something you'll need to talk to your dad about. Just want you to have this information.

Thanks, I guess it's really luck that I have a good chance to set up this tank
What do you think about this stock?

Make sure you get an expert to assess the floor on which the tank is going or you may be in for a world of mess.

So, here is this 15 year old, which apparently to many people doesn't know anything, but I do know something, how to save!
So I have five grand dollars saved

I'm 13 and want 10 200g tanks but realistically do u need the money for something that's more nessicary than an amazing hobby? Like car/college?

Anyways this sounds amazing! Good luck!

I have a 220g tank and have owned many large tank over the years and one very important thing you have to consider is your floor joists. I have my large tank in our sunroom on a 20" thick concrete slab foundation. If you have a basement the tank needs to be positioned so it sit across the floor joists not along them in the same direction. Also adding some floor jacks is a good idea for added protection. We did this with larger tanks that were inside the house that had a basement. Something you'll need to talk to your dad about. Just want you to have this information.

A gallon of water is about 8 pounds, plus the tank, and rocks, would say it is going to be about 2000 pounds. That's not that much for a modern house. Floor joist are designed to hold a lot more then that. Did you have someone with contracting experience tell you this?

Ok, here it is about the floor
It is in the first floor
Under the tile there is cement, then the ground, so it is the same thing as putting the tank at the outside of my house

I'm 13 and want 10 200g tanks but realistically do u need the money for something that's more nessicary than an amazing hobby? Like car/college?

Anyways this sounds amazing! Good luck!

My car, I have six grand saved up to buy me a 2004 mustang
College, I ave about 20,000 saved for that, my parents have been saving for college since I was 5, and I have helped save for that
I have my emergency account with 1,500 bucks, so I say I'm ok money wise

A gallon of water is about 8 pounds, plus the tank, and rocks, would say it is going to be about 2000 pounds. That's not that much for a modern house. Floor joist are designed to hold a lot more then that. Did you have someone with contracting experience tell you this?

I live in a restored old house so yeah that's what we were told. I also had a baby grand piano in the same room so having the floor jacks in the basement under that tank was cheap insurance IMO.

Man, I was actually considering fire eels, but I thought that they might have been eaten by the pacus or bichirs or something, but that's awesome, thanks:)

Back
Top Bottom