So went to my lfs

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

xfactor6699

Aquarium Advice Addict
So went and bought some shrimp I got 4 tigers and 4rcs the good thing about my rcs 2 of them are prego they have tons of babies

What about Amano shrimp ?
I just got 6 for my 36g community and have not seen one of them after 2hrs of putting them in tank !
BREED !! I would just like to see them once in a while !!

AquaOne said:
What about Amano shrimp ?
I just got 6 for my 36g community and have not seen one of them after 2hrs of putting them in tank !
BREED !! I would just like to see them once in a while !!

They will only breed in salt water

jetajockey said:
getting them to breed is the easy part, raising the fry is the hard part.

That is true u just need to set up a brackish tank and they will spawn nicely

I think what jeta is probably referring to actually, is that they are much harder to successfully raise to adults because they do not hatch as tiny versions of adults like RCS do, but in a larvae state. I haven't bred them myself, and that's the extent I know about it :)

that is correct. Breeding fish/inverts can pose a challenge in itself, but supplying enough microfauna/flora for larval stage shrimp is definitely more difficult than breeding something like RCS.

Since I live within a short drive of full marine, full fresh, and brackish areas, this might be a future project for me. I would utilize the water already available as a source for this.

quick question

So went and bought some shrimp I got 4 tigers and 4rcs the good thing about my rcs 2 of them are prego they have tons of babies

I'm from crawford county, ohio and I can never find anything besides glass shrimp anywhere, where did you find your tigers and rcs's? Thanks for your time.

iceman240 said:
I'm from crawford county, ohio and I can never find anything besides glass shrimp anywhere, where did you find your tigers and rcs's? Thanks for your time.

Im in the same boat. I really want different kinds of shrimp but I've only seen ghost and amano

Back
Top Bottom