So What Could Be ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Grant R

Aquarium Advice FINatic
... the reason's, come this Saturday, when the guy in the aquarium shop says the words I long NOT to hear .. " This sample isn't suitable for fish " !
I have done everything instructed to do, so theoretically, I should be OK.
But knowing my luck, their will be a hiccup somewhere. :(

The only thing I did once which might affect it was putting my finger in to feel the water's temprature. This was a few day's ago now, so I'm hoping this won't affect it. The only reason I did this was in the beginning, after about a day, the heating element turned itself off, then I realised it must be automatic, DOH !

G :)

haha, I am sure you'll do fine. You can get go get your own test kits ya know thats all he wil be doing I imagine...

I myself have never checked F/W tanks.. there my dads tanks and I have helped with maintence many times and never done this.. but thats Me I have had FW tanks off and on since i was VERY YOUNG! lol since like 10 i think or close and been around them since well forever. I just never got into it like some ppl are I found my love in saltwater.. but eh watever floats your boat..

but yes g/l on ure results I imagine they will all be positive...When you do gret them good don't buy every fish in the store and come home and overpopulate your new tnak in one day ;)

gl

Jacob

Cheers mate.

I have a feeling I got some sort of test kit with my aquarium, so may carry out a test tomorrow, or even tonight.

Can you tell us what you have done aside from setting the tank up and putting water in it?

Have you declornated the water? Did you use any kind of biobactera liquid?

All the LFS is really gonna check for is ammonia and probably PH. Yes the heater is automatic. It should keep the temp within a few degrees of what you have the heater set to. If you dont have one I would get a thermometer for the tank.

i feel like the chemistry advocate, but...buy a test kit if you don't have one and find out why your water isn't suitable for fish, probably ammonia, but you really need to know what the problem is--then with your results in hand, do some research on the net on aquarium water chemistry--you will enjoy your fish much more, and will have many fewer deaths!! buy the kit that lets you test for ammonia, nitrite, pH--it may be cheaper just to get the whole shbang, with kh gh and nitrate, it was here anyways....let us know what you find!

fishfreek said:
Can you tell us what you have done aside from setting the tank up and putting water in it?

Have you declornated the water? Did you use any kind of biobactera liquid?

If you dont have one I would get a thermometer for the tank.

Yes, on the evening of setting it up, i added the correct amount of stresszyme and stresscoat, that's it. Filter / heater have been running since then (a week tomorrow).
I'll definitely get a thermometer tomorrow.

Which type is the best ?

Back
Top Bottom