So, what do you know about eels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

KPhilly

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I'm thinking about stocking my 100 gallon tank with eels. Maybe two at the most. What are the pros and cons of this being that I'm trying to make a community tank? What kind of eels would you recommend? Would they be okay with a Brazilian Teacup Stingray? Thanks for the help!

Pro: You would have some really neat fish, can be hand fed.
Con: Eels are escape artists, they are picky eaters.
You can't keep the tea cup rays as they will get larger. I'd advise eels like the peacock or zig zag eel.

I only wanted one teacup stingray and I thought he only got up to 12". Is that to large for a 100 gallon tank?

Are you kidding me? I wanted him to be my standout fish! Ahhhh, my feelings are hurt! ?

You could have some south or central american cichlids like convicts or firemouths to be your standout fish.

What could I keep with them and how many would you recommend at one time? I'm so sad about the stingray. The grief is unreal! Haha!

Two really exotic fish that I like are the african knife fish and the african butterfly fish.

Arowanas are exotic.

Cool catfish, I recently got a little tiger shovel nose and he's cool.

I'm not so sure about the eels either because I read they get up to around 40 inches and I only have 100 gallons. I want an abundance of fish.

You could do Chiclids.

I'm always a bigger fan of South Americans, they have better personalities in my opinion.

Africans are great if you want a big cloud of fish, very colorful.

You could always do tetras, you could put lots of tetras.

Some are, some are less.

You can keep then with there own kind.
Africans are actually less aggressive if you keep more.

Back
Top Bottom