Solo Angelfish attacking all 5 new Angels?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Mr. Aquaforce

Aquarium Advice Freak
The heck is wrong with this one angelfish I've had for 2-3 months being so aggressive towards everyone else?

Angels are little punks..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

How much bigger is he then new angels?
How long have you had the new?
Size tank..
I agree with two above ^^ angels are bruisers in tight quarters.

I agree angel fish are cichlids and claim areas for there own you should have bought all of your angels at one time

Let's say he's a large new ones are 2 medium/large - 3 small + 1 small one I've already had with the big one, (used to have another large one and 3 small ones with the one i have currently but all passed away a few days after i got them ) - just now divided the tank. My tank is a 55 gal long, just got the new ones yesterday.

That's angels for you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N920A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Take him out and move everything around, put him back in a few hours later with the lights off. If that doesn't work than you have to rehome

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Appreciate the responses guys!! Will leave the divider in for now and will move a piece of DW as well as the anubias I have on it

Like brookester said ur best option to take her out and put her back after few hours or if possible a day and u can chage decorations in ur aquarium too so she can feel she is in some new place.

Like brookester said ur best option to take her out and put her back after few hours or if possible a day and u can chage decorations in ur aquarium too so she can feel she is in some new place.
Thought about doing some things like moving the small DW piece with the 2 anubias on it, buying some vals to put them around the big chunk of DW. Anyone know of good plants that corydoras would love? - and for my BN pleco as well. Speaking of him, would anyone know what he has?? Or if he doesn't have anything else at all? 1486831094964.jpg

Attachments

• 1486831094964.jpg
    1486831094964.jpg
    237.5 KB · Views: 96
  • 1486831122400.jpg
    1486831122400.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 92
Okay well Castiel (my biggest angelfish) only cowards in one corner of the tank and Ruby one of the new ones that's medium large with a orange body and a red streak down the middle of his head. Always sizes him up and flinches towards him with his/her veils as wide as they can go, and pecks on Castiel until he/she fights back. I also noticed ruby keeps Castiel else from eating most of the time. Mating behavior or a dominance issue?

Updates: Removed, Ruby the newer one and now Castiel gets along very well with everyone else. Not to mention when I woke up to all 6 of them in pairs!

Looks like ruby wants little ones badlyyy she's laid eggs 3 - 4 times, yet ever time she does she's alone

Back
Top Bottom