Some Help Please

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

reefman

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have like, 15 ghost shrimp in my tank, this morning three of them die, should I live it there or should I take them out of the tank.

Test your ammonia/nitrites/nitrates for that tank. How long has this tank been up and running? The good news is that ghost shrimp are cheap. Do a large water change of at least 50%. What zie tank is it? If it's a 10 gallon tank for example you may want to change 5 gallons of water, wait an hour and then change 5 more gallons. That will cut your ammonia/nitrite/nitrate levels down to about 1/4th of the original.

You should remove them, otherwise they'll rot, stink, and you'll most likely get an ammonia spike to some extent (they're small, so I doubt it'd be a big deal).

yes take them out. make sure you didn't have any spikes and you'll be all good.. I used to keep ghost and they never lived very long in my tank.. I went to freshys (like cherry reds) that can actually breed in freshwater we'll see if they live any longer for me

Thanks Guys, my tank been running for three weeks now, I removed the dead shrimps, but now I have another surprise. AHHHHHH!!! my ballon mollys just spawned, I see lots of eggs all over the tank and but there are like 6 little guys swimming in my tank, they are like the size of a rice grain, and I saw my female molly having more babys today, laying more eggs.

Here is some pics of my acuarium

Hey guys here is some pics that I took today for you all to see how it looking so far.

Attachments

• DSCF0116.jpg
    DSCF0116.jpg
    92.9 KB · Views: 38
  • DSCF0110.jpg
    DSCF0110.jpg
    84.6 KB · Views: 49
  • DSCF0113.jpg
    DSCF0113.jpg
    93.4 KB · Views: 46
  • DSCF0118.jpg
    DSCF0118.jpg
    84.9 KB · Views: 42
Congrats! However balloon mollies dont lay eggs, they are livebearers, hence the little fry! what else do you have in the tank that could have layed the eggs?

Yes, that had me confused, mollys are live bearers. Ghost shrimp become saddled so they do not lay eggs either. Any other fish in the tank? What are they on? The glass or your decor?

You can search on youtube for guppy fry and you can see some videos of guppies dropping their fry. I'm sure they have the same for mollies.

Back
Top Bottom