Some kind of unique fish?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Dyl1234

Aquarium Advice FINatic
I am looking for a type of fish that looks different than others. It will be going in a 10 gallon. Just kind of tired of guppies.

a hammerhead Shark??? Or you can do some dwarf puffers or maybe bumblebee gobys, but they need brackish water

Watching: I hear you. Mine breed like crazy and although the fry are super cute, I'm ready to just put one cool fish in there. Eager to see suggestions.

Watching: I hear you. Mine breed like crazy and although the fry are super cute, I'm ready to just put one cool fish in there. Eager to see suggestions.

After awhile you loose interest in guppies.

Haha not the shark, but you could possibly do 2 dwarf puffers, if you have plent of plants to break line of sight.Or you can do a bumblebee goby tank and have several of them in there.

Are both fish brackish?

I've seen them on sale at my lfs for about 4-5$ each. I also saw the figure 8s there for 10$

My LFS doesn't carry any kind of unique fish. The only fish they have is goldfish mollies and guppies. Sometimes they have bettas. I am going to message him and ask him can he order any. Hopefully he can order me some. Does petsmart or petco sell them?

Just an FYI dwarf puffers require more complex feeding than regular fish, make sure you do TONS of research on them before getting them. 2 with no tank mates will work in a ten gal as long as you plant it like a jungle :)

Just an FYI dwarf puffers require more complex feeding than regular fish, make sure you do TONS of research on them before getting them. 2 with no tank mates will work in a ten gal as long as you plant it like a jungle :)

Yea I have been doing research all afternoon. I really want some but I think they are going to be hard to find locally..... And online is kinda pricey.

Yea I have been doing research all afternoon. I really want some but I think they are going to be hard to find locally..... And online is kinda pricey.

Online is pricey but IMO these fish have some of the best personalities ever i would get them if I was able to get another tank. I had one once before and it always came to the side of the tank to say high when i came over and it always begged for food.

Online is pricey but IMO these fish have some of the best personalities ever i would get them if I was able to get another tank. I had one once before and it always came to the side of the tank to say high when i came over and it always begged for food.

Yea I am going to post a wanted ad on here.. And if anyone who has any and sees this please message me.

Back
Top Bottom