Some more 55 gallon questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

josh7

Aquarium Advice Addict
I do really want a starlight BN pleco but I have researched and saw a JD will probably beat them up. Is there any type of fish I can add I wouldn't mind another catfish maybe some type of schooling fish im not sure though, or a different pleco besides the Bristlenose. As of right now it's stocked with a single JD and 4 Spotted pictus cats.

You can give the pleco a try, sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't, maybe with plenty hiding places, JD's are thugs, they will try to eat fish up

I think I might I just want to toss some ideas around what about a red tailed shark? Or Raphael catfish any opinions on those 2?

lots and lots of cover for him to hide and retreat to will be needed. Like loach boy said it may work it may not. He may tolerate a neighbor he may kill him, no way to know without doing it.

I think I might I just want to toss some ideas around what about a red tailed shark? Or Raphael catfish any opinions on those 2?
an adult red tail might work as these guys are pretty fearless however I've only ever kept rainbow sharks so I don't really know too too much about these guys. A raphael should work for sure as long as there's enough hiding spots.

Ok that would be awesome. I have had red tails and they do defend themselves well. A Raphael cat would be neat to. Any other ideas out there would love to hear them.

I would try either a red tail or a rainbow, rainbows get bigger so I don't know which one you want
I wouldn't really add a Raphael, Rey are not agressive at all, and with pictus and red tail around, I don't think it will make it

Alright I'm just worried about if I add a 1.5 inch shark will the JD bully him or he be able to hide and be safe until it gets bigger. My JD is pretty oblivious right now though never really attacks the pictus and keeps to himself.

Ok if I can't find a big one should I just try a small one and see what happens?

Alright I will go look around nothing's decided yet just thinking about my options is all.

Back
Top Bottom