Some people never learn

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DARK Jak

Aquarium Advice Freak
some of you might have read my post "there are more idiots out there" well guess what it happened i get up in the morning to get ready for school yesterday and my mom goes :cry: the silver fish are dead :cry:
what did i (and everyone on here say for that matter) that they wouldnt last. sigh and they still dont think i was right about tinfoils not being able to go with African and Central American cichlids. hhhhhh when will they learn to trust me when it comes to fish. oh well

It's hard to tell new hobbiests what fish they can and can not put together. New aquarists tend to put together "what looks pretty", not taking into consideration aggression, water parameters, temp, and foods. I don't know how many hundreds of dollars my brother spent stocking his tank. The entire time I told him that he could only keep African cichlids (pH 8.8) and they kept buying neon's and catfish, and loaches, and SA cichlids. Finally, I took them shopping for fish and ONLY bought 3 African's and they are all living to this day. They FINALLY started to trust me once they lived after a week.

the thing is im only 13 how many adults realy think a 13 year old knows much about anything (unless they have experienced something were the kid shows them as i say seeing is beleaving but they still dont beleave me. they think any red semi-agresive fish can go with anything (how petco considers a convict SEMI-AGRESIVE i dont know. :(

HAHA. Well, I'm 22 and have been keeping fish for over a year now and they still refused to listen to me. Rather, my brother refused, my sister-in-law kept trying to get him to listen to me. Finally one night when I was over there she was screaming at him to just listen to me for once. Coincidently, that was the night we did a tank overhaul and their fish have been living ever since.

Funny Story... I just got back into the hobby after about a 3 year break... Back in the day, I had about a 40 gallon tank with 1 brute of a red devil... Any new fish would end up dead within a day... Anything, even Plecos. Anyway, my girldfriend moved in about this time and wanted more than 1 fish in this 40 gallon... I told her it wasn't possible... So, one day I come home from work, and suddenly there is another fish swimming with this killer Red Devil. I about passed out when I saw it... My girlfriend had added a Angelfish into the aquarium because the kid at the LFS said it would be no problem, the type of fish doesn't matter as long as it is similar size... So, I'm frantically trying to setup a 20 gallon spare tank I had in storage when my girlfriend comes home. Anyway, we got into a big fight, and how the kid at the LFS would know more than me. I gave up and figured she'd get a harsh lesson after my Red Devil had his way with the Angelfish. Anyway, these 2 fish lived together for 3 more years in complete harmony... At times, it even seemed like they played together. A red Devil and an Angelfish apparently made a good pair.

soundes like you could have lost a girl over that
it sucks to be proved wrong when the person proving you wrong dosnt know anything about what it is your fighting over. :lol:

It seems that if you keep enough different fish long enough, you will find exceptions to every rule. Mild mannered fish can turn out to be killers and agressive breeds can turn out to be pussy cats. :lol:

i remember loosing angels to mollies that just kept annoying them. Nevermind a red devil. Although my last set up my red devil was second in command behind the dempsey and he wasn't too bad to the other fish. He started even co-existing in the same tunnel decoration with the dempsey. But that story is amazing.

Back
Top Bottom