Some silly questions....

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Coleallensmom said:
My 8 year old has a Tetra? Whisper power filter on his 20 gallon. (We got it free with a tank stand I bought off of Craigslist.) I have Aquaclear sponges and a bio-media bag in it as well. So much easier!

Yeah, it's Tetra that makes the "Whisper" filters. I bought it for that reason and when I hooked it up to the tank in the bedroom I thought it was some sick joke as it sounds like an airplane taking off... Not quite that bad, but close :)

daileene said:
Totally agree with everything, especially with the "becoming addicted to this site" part..but in a good way. I learned so much that it's not even funny how many mistakes I have made before I was a member here.

After discovering this forum, I check it more than my email! I get so excited every time my iPad tells me there's a new response or message, I'm gonna need treatment to get away from it. No wonder some people have like 7,000 posts!

My 8 year old has a Tetra? Whisper power filter on his 20 gallon. (We got it free with a tank stand I bought off of Craigslist.) I have Aquaclear sponges and a bio-media bag in it as well. So much easier!

Yes, it is the tetra whisper...oh cool....so all my 3 tanks can have the sponge and the biomax bag then. Yayy! Good to know..

I have a penn plax small world filter in my 4.4G...:-( this was my 2nd tank before so I didn't think when I bought the filter...any suggestions if I need to replace it? The only downside is, the hood that fits the hex is very difficult to have an AC or tetra filters in it..

After discovering this forum, I check it more than my email! I get so excited every time my iPad tells me there's a new response or message, I'm gonna need treatment to get away from it. No wonder some people have like 7,000 posts!

LOL...I know...this is a very sick hobby and site...LOL..not really...just kidding. But yeah, I won't go to bed until I can check this site...and I check this site in my phone when I am not in front of a PC....hope that is not weird...or I will really live up to my Aquarium Advice Addict badge...LOL

Yes, it is the tetra whisper...oh cool....so all my 3 tanks can have the sponge and the biomax bag then. Yayy! Good to know..

I have a penn plax small world filter in my 4.4G...:-( this was my 2nd tank before so I didn't think when I bought the filter...any suggestions if I need to replace it? The only downside is, the hood that fits the hex is very difficult to have an AC or tetra filters in it..

I'm not positive that's what it is and the kiddo is sleeping at the moment, but regardless...as long as there is room for other media inside, you are good to go.

Hmm...I wonder if you could do something like is mentioned in this thread to better use your exsisting filter on the 4.4gal?
Keeping a tank cycled with Penn Plax Small World Filter?

Hi, yes. I choose to follow the method of opening the back of the filter and change the carbon to a sponge. So both sides of the filter cartridge are both sponge now. So I should not have to change them until the sponge are falling apart..thank you so much again for the link.

And I did received my foam filter and the bio-max. I already put them in my 5G. I do have to get more bio-max so I can put some too in my two 10Gs. I have 2 extra foam filter so hopefully my bio-max order will be here soon as well...

Back
Top Bottom