Something never done before!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
No one has been able to breed these in captivity. I believe they spawn in the ocean and then the male takes the eggs to freshwater rivers where he deposits them...I have no idea how you'll be able to replicate all that. But good luck.

thank you that is why im trying i have a 75 for semi brackish and a 210 for almost full marine i will post pics it will take at least a month or so

I dunno man, pros haven't been able to breed these on huge fish farms. I don't see how you can replicate an ocean in an aquarium. It's not just the salinity that has to be just right, but also the pressure, all the other minerals, temperature etc... Who knows what else is needed for these fish to breed.

You've picked a difficult fish. They need the transition from fresh water to salt water and I'm not sure it's feasible to replicate that in a tank.

There are plenty of other FW fish that haven't been bred commonly in aquariums or even at all. You might start with raphael cats. They're more suitable for aquariums than columbians anyways.

Back
Top Bottom