Something new to feed your fish???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Joeysdiscus

Aquarium Advice Freak
Bit of a random one but just thought I'd let you all know! I just fed my fish some celery and they absolutely demolished it! I put it in boiling water then in the microwave for four minutes and chucked it in the tank my plecos went mad for it even more than they do cucumber! And also my discus and dwarf chichlids are trying to fight there way into it around the suckers :)

Ooooh sounds good! Great tip! (I'm the only one who likes celery in my house. Now maybe the fish will help me eat it!)

I don't think celery has any nutritional value. It's like Iceburg lettuce, which is to say that it's mostly water with no vitamins, minerals or calories.

Hmmm. Ha ha! Ah well, a little bit of celery now and again if they like it isn't going to do any harm though is it? I'm sure the fish eat a varied diet.

Lol.. I don't guess it would be harmful, it just wouldn't be helpful either. It would be like filling their bellies but not actually feeding them. Mind you, I'm no fish nutritionist. Maybe the fibrous bits would help clean out the digestive tract.

Yeah, like another laxative if you run out of peas. Lol!

They're getting chopped fresh prawns and garlic tomorrow so if it has cleaned em out a bit they will be empty ready for their protein and medicine haha

Gourmet dining at joeys! Lovely! :)

Yeah man! I'm a chef so get everything and anything I want to feed my fish for free! they even get salmon haha I read somewhere the best food for all fish is a varied diet so from that point on I've kinda gone crazy but they seem to be liking the menu haha

Probably just a co-incidence but I have never seen my plecos showing breeding behaviour never even seen the male near a female but after the celery tonight it's like they've had few drinks and wanna do some baby making haha!

I stand corrected... Apparently it does have value. Thanks Cactus, I may consider eating celery leaves now.

:lol: it's so rare that I'm right about anything!
The leaves are great in soup! They have the most flavour. I dry them, grind em up, and add them to a salt shaker. Home made celery salt :)
I don't like the stalks- though my kids used to devour them filled with peanut butter!

:lol: it's so rare that I'm right about anything!
The leaves are great in soup! They have the most flavour. I dry them, grind em up, and add them to a salt shaker. Home made celery salt :)
I don't like the stalks- though my kids used to devour them filled with peanut butter!

Try celery onion and Stilton soup it sounds horrible but it just works!

Oh my gosh I nearly died laughing! If you read the title of the thread and then that last comment, you'd think these fish were truly getting a gourmet meal. Mmm soup!

Oh my gosh I nearly died laughing! If you read the title of the thread and then that last comment, you'd think these fish were truly getting a gourmet meal. Mmm soup!

Haha I like!

Back
Top Bottom