Something's fishy

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

macmom6

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I have a couple of questions.

Firsty, any idea what kind of fry these are? I am leaning towards black skirt tetras. They were found in a tank with black skirts, danios, platys and guppies as well as loaches. As improbable as it seems, I am strongly leaning toward the tetras.

Next, my female platy that is hugely pregnant - two things with her. She is "hiding out" again in the corners of the tank and wonder if you think she may be close to her "time". She does not have the gravid spot but we have never been able to see one on her. She does however had a strange new white spot over her left eye, high on her forehead. Not sure what this is.

Last but not least of all, did some maintenance work on the tank this morning: changed about 1/3 of the water, cleaned the glass with my magnetic cleaner. Now I have this odd "stuff" on the glass. Any ideas?

Attachments

• Picture 004.jpg
    Picture 004.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 53
  • Picture 117.jpg
    Picture 117.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 57
  • Picture 177.jpg
    Picture 177.jpg
    5 KB · Views: 65
  • Picture 170.jpg
    Picture 170.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 50
could the mystery glass spots be tiny air bubbles caught on scratches?

There are no mollies in the tank. Had hubby look at the spots - they were not airbubbles. He felt they are some kind of algea so I went ahead and scraped the glass - AGAIN, lol.

I found one tiny fry in the tank yesterday and pretty sure it was one of hers. Have her in the trap but so far, no more deliveries.

Back
Top Bottom