Sometimes things just go right

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

gheitman

Aquarium Advice Addict
No matter what you do, and how much you worry about taking care of your fish, sometimes things just go right. In my 30 gallon South American community tank my two new angelfish spawned a few days ago and I wasn't even trying to get them to lay eggs. I just noticed one night that there were a bunch of eggs on the filter intake tube. Unfortunately the eggs didn't last long with the other fish in the tank but it shows that the angelfish must be happy and healthy.

Today I noticed for the first time that I had a juvenile bandit cory in the same 30 gallon tank. Because it is so heavly planted I rarely see the three adults swimming around and I didn't even know that some had spawned.

Finally, my new 20 gallon tank for my dwarf cockatoo apistos has only been occupied for a couple of weeks and already I have some fry.

Thanks. I plan to. Since I posted the first message my angelfish spawned again but the eggs were gone the next morning. Eventually I'm sure the eggs will survive and I'll get some angelfish fry.

I would like to get an angelfish tank but I am kind of cash and space limited right now. I just bought a new 20 gallon tank for my dwarf cockatoos on Memorial Day weekend.

Frozen bloodworms might be the closest thing to candy for my fish. All of my cichlids just love them, especially the angelfish.

I have the same Fish Thumb

:D Congrats On the spawns. I have been experincing the same for about a year now and it still conntinues to happen I now have 300+ A. borellii and Ram fry and the ram parents are cleaning their spawning rock again it's only been 2 wks since last one.LOL

Curtis

What size tank do you have the Apistogramma borellii parents in now? I know you were in the process of moving some fry to 35 gallon tanks.

Back
Top Bottom