Sooo Flake Food or Pellets??

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

UABsleeperSRNA

Aquarium Advice Activist
Soo i Know their are tons of differing opinions but i would like to get your opinion on which you think is best Flake food or Pellets and brands.. Currently running a community aquarium Angel Fish, Angelicus Botia, dwarf gourmi, neon's, and some molly..

The angelicas loach is a very picky eater will completely ignore most flake food and will only eat the freeze dried blood worms which is causing digestion problems with the angels and gourami.. Bloated bellies ect... :eek:..

I would prefer a food that Petsmart or Petco carry as i live in an apt and our management is notorious for never telling you when you have a package or even losing it.. :bang head: Input?

You can buy New Life Spectrum from Petco and I think it's one of the best pellet foods you can buy. It's also one of the most expensive.

All the petcos ive been to dont cardy NLS. I have to go to a local store for that. I always try to feed my fish nls pellets but they wont touch them!

All the petcos ive been to dont cardy NLS. I have to go to a local store for that. I always try to feed my fish nls pellets but they wont touch them!

what do you usually go with? have y'all tried omega One? i was thinking about possibly trying that out?

Right now all i have is Marineland color- enhancing and tetra tropical flakes.. supposed to be able to feed less and more stocked with vitamn's minerals blah blah with less waste but seems to me i have more waste as i guess my fish think it's to hard or something the try to bite it and can't break it up and i end up sucking up whole flakes of it when cleaning the tank??

Personally i'm scared to feed my fish frozen shrimp or other frozen foods i just don't know how well the companies take care with the foods they are processing?? esp since it's not for human consumption?? plus the price

My fish all go berserk for my omega one shrimp pellets. I use tetra flakes, they're sorta just... Meh. Hikari and omega one are my personal favorite brands, I've never tried NLS

Yeah I picked up some some of the NLS when I was out this evening had a 5 dollar coupon and tried it my angels and loach won't even touch it.. Looks like I will be trading it in to try the omega 1 to expensive for them not to touch it

I feed my fish a base of flakes with rotating freeze dried shrimp, and blood works, with an algae wafer(for rubber nose pleco) and a couple bottom feeder discs for my cories.

Last edited:
Both. Plus frozen and live food.

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I still despite them not liking it use nls ultra red pellets for my staple food. I also feed frozen food and live blackworms every few days. My oscar gets cranky when he doesnt get his frozen cube!

I think the problem with the nls is they sink way too fast.

Yep had to take NLS back and swapped it for the omega 1 color enhancing flakes and some omega 1 freeze dried shrimp for treats.. Plus maybe to help with some with digestion! My angelicus Botia loach is so picky i have to put some kind of real protein in there like blood worms or the shrimp ect.. other wise he won't eat a thing..? mine tend to love flakes more than pellets for some reason!

Back
Top Bottom