Sorry another question.. Id a snail

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

leannaby

Aquarium Advice Freak
I've recently found a snail in my filter housing with I believe to be a pond snail but have now found this one which is a different shape ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1395709088.199589.jpgthe other I found was more a teardrop shape..

God knows where they've come from.. They are breeding in my filter housing compartment ..

I have the same issue but with pond snails not sure how they got either and no matter how many times I wash them out they just keep coming back.

Lucky enough they haven't got into the main tank just in the filter compartment which is then easy to clean out to get rid of them

My substrate is black and with their size I cant see them but I know if they make themselves visible to long outside the filters my loach will be very happy.

I haven't got any fish that will eat them.. If they get out of hand I was thinking of getting a assassin snail or lending a friends snail to rid me of the problem

You could also try the blanched lettuce technique I have heard it works well, I am thinking of trying it myself but I imagine my Silver Dollar "Buck" will get to it before the snails do.

Back
Top Bottom