Sos!!!!!!!!!! Pleco cut in half!!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm waiting on A test kit from Amazon, but I've been doing daily 25% PWCs for 2 days, and plan to keep going for until I get the API kit. And I'm saddened/sickened about my pleco.

Is this a penguin filter? Did u put the part on that hangs in the water? If not then there is a huge hole in the intake where that tibe should be. If that's what happenes its more than likely that the impeller tore hime apart when he swam up in there. The only reason I s ay anything is that in the pic it doesnt look like you have this piece attached.

I'm ordering a replacement strainer, so no, don't have one. Atleast not a properly fitting one.

Is this a penguin filter? Did u put the part on that hangs in the water? If not then there is a huge hole in the intake where that tibe should be. If that's what happenes its more than likely that the impeller tore hime apart when he swam up in there. The only reason I s ay anything is that in the pic it doesnt look like you have this piece attached.

Good catch.

Put a sponge or something over that ASAP.

Then my guess is that he swam up in there a little too far to eat and got torn apart. You could zip tie some panty hose on there for the time being to ensure it doesnt happen again.

Wow, this really sucks. Sorry about that. Looks like you already got your question answered. Maybe add some stress zyme or stress coat to the water.

Yep, so, new question, totally different topic, what chemicals can you use in the aquarium, that won't have unwanted side effects.

You could use stability by seachem when you add more fish and with each water change. And of course a high quality dechlorinator such as prime. Some will think that stability is a gimmick. I myself only use it when adding new fish.

What's stability do?
According to Seachem, the manufacturer, Stability adds beneficial bacteria that reduces ammonia and nitrite, allowing you to add fish immediately to an uncycled tank.

David

Hmm, maybe if it isn't too expensive I'll grab some. Does it it seem to help in your experience??

Back
Top Bottom