spice up a lifeless 15g

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
siva said:
There are some really cool spider like critters called thai micro crabs but I can never find them for sale. If your fish are bothering dwarf shrimp then they'd probably bother dwarf cray too. Prob not any freshwater inverts compatible with your tank :( Who's eating them, the DG?

more than likly my dg i never catch him in the act but im 99% positive iys nt my tetrs or molly

Sent from my Vortex using Aquarium

I think you should swap the incandescents for compact florescents (the screw in curly q types) and then you could grow a good variety of low and medium low light plants.

Java Fern
Java Moss
Crypts
Anbubias

A background would help too... even just plain black or blue would make the tank look nicer.

FW Shrimp are also cool additions...

im lookin but not sure because of the kelvins if and when i do upgrade could i grow anubis my lfs has awesome Anubis on lava rockk and drift wood

also on the background i dont think payin 3.50 is worth it id use cardstock but would it look tackky?

I still have incandescents on many of my smaller tanks..maybe someday I'll be able to upgrade them all :) They all grow java ferns just beautifully though, I've only started with java moss more recently but it seems to be doing well. You're lucky if you can get them for 3.50 I can't find any for much less than double that :(

Good to know siva. Java ferns and moss are such hearty low maintenance plants! I once had a little piece of java moss sit in a jar of water for months (on accident, was under my tank). It was still green when I found it... resilient stuff!!

siva said:
I still have incandescents on many of my smaller tanks..maybe someday I'll be able to upgrade them all :) They all grow java ferns just beautifully though, I've only started with java moss more recently but it seems to be doing well. You're lucky if you can get them for 3.50 I can't find any for much less than double that :(

oh wow really for 3.50 i could get 3 sprigs of anacharis 5 plants per sprig so i viewed it as over priced

siva said:
oh wow I pay out the arse for plants, apparently lol

lol my lfs has anacharis growin or shipped in likke a weed sadly my filter intake kkilled a lot of mine i gta sprig or twoo left that are strtin to propagate thank god

my lfs tld me 4s the minium iil likly be gettin one or two more tonight seeing as there 1.20 each

Not sure if your complaining about the price, but i paied 4.00 each for 6 odessa barbs, their cool and hard to find barbs, look them up! great community barbs too i got them with an angel and neither are bothered!

Back
Top Bottom