Sponge filter

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

skiweeangel

Aquarium Advice Addict
Have been toying with the idea of adding a power head to my sons 55 gal to help move water around and sweep thing towards the power filter which is situated more towards the other end/middleish part of the tank. Until we save up the money for one (or the holidays roll around, which ever comes first) would a DIY sponge filter in the corner with less flow help at all? It would be 0 cost because I could make one in about 5 min from the things I have at home.

so if ur question is will it help move the water towards the filter........
prob. no.......sponge filters don't really have much flow.........it would be good idea to run it as an extra filter though........what filter r u runnning?

TheFishBoss97 said:
so if ur question is will it help move the water towards the filter........
prob. no.......sponge filters don't really have much flow.........it would be good idea to run it as an extra filter though........what filter r u runnning?

Not moving the water just an extra filter for that corner. Right now I have an aqueon quiet flow 55 hob.

A sponge filter won't move much water if that's what your looking for but I would still add one. No such thing as to much BB. Try looking on amazon.com they usually have the best prices and they even ship free if it's an order of $25 or more. hope this helps

Thanks for the replies. If I am going to add a sponge filter it would be a DYI, I have everything to make once so I should just do it!

Back
Top Bottom