Spotted African Leaf Fish tank mates???

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

HeatherMay

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey all I am new to the forum. I have a 90 gallon tank with 4 angels, 2 bolivian rams, 1 black ghost knife fish, 1 spotted raphael catfish and 2 plecos. I am looking to add new tank mates to add more to watch. I only really see the angels and rams. I was looking into maybe adding 1 or 2 leaf fish. I know they should do good with all of my fish but I am questioning the rams. Will the be able to eat my bolivian rams??? Anyone have any experience with this fish? Thanks!

Hey all I am new to the forum. I have a 90 gallon tank with 4 angels, 2 bolivian rams, 1 black ghost knife fish, 1 spotted raphael catfish and 2 plecos. I am looking to add new tank mates to add more to watch. I only really see the angels and rams. I was looking into maybe adding 1 or 2 leaf fish. I know they should do good with all of my fish but I am questioning the rams. Will the be able to eat my bolivian rams??? Anyone have any experience with this fish? Thanks!
. Your rams will be fine but there's a few different issues you need to worry about. Black ghost knife fish get very very large, granted they don't get as large in captivity as in the wild but still they get much too large for a 90 gallon tank. IMO They need well over 250 gallons. Also what kind of plecos do you have?

I believe they are spotted plecos. Just normal ones. Maybe looking to rehome one. I told me husband we only needed one but he insisted on two.

I believe they are spotted plecos. Just normal ones. Maybe looking to rehome one. I told me husband we only needed one but he insisted on two.
. Ok, they may either be sail fin or common and both those get quite large. once you get the knife and plecos taken care of you will actually open up some room for more fish.

Ya I may either upgrade when my knife gets bigger or rehome him. My LFS has huge tanks that they feature their large fish in so I might ask if they want to add him in there once he's bigger. I just feel like my tank is so plain. I basically just see my angels swimming and sometimes my rams swimming around the bottom.

I would be more worried about the BGK eating the rams before the leaf fish..at least until they are bigger, but I don't think they will..having the 2 plecos will I hurt your water due to their large bioloads. BGKs grow very slow, so depending on the size it is now..it could be fine for quite awhile yet.

Ya I have had my knife for awhile. At first he would come out at feeding time and I would see him. Now that I put the log in he never comes out of that thing until night time. Half the time I forget he's even in there.

Pea puffers, but they are too small and are aggressive. And yeah, they are very very nocturnal and are actually pretty much blind and use electric waves off of their head to "see"..neat and cool fish but not the best for something you wanna see alot of.

Back
Top Bottom