spread sheet for maintenance

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tifta

Aquarium Advice Freak
I was just curious to know if anyone keeps a monthly spread sheet of maintenance on their aquarium? Or does everyone just wing it? I kind of wanted to get an idea of what everyone does for maintenance Weekly/Monthly If you do have a spread-sheet or maintenance calendar please post, or give me an idea what you all do on a regular bases.

I have a spread sheet, I just write the date and all the water parameters that I test, then I have a column for water changes to keep track, then I have a section for notes. I keep track of dates when I got fish and how many, ect.. its pretty basic for now, but it is evolving.

I just check nitrates and change the water as needed on Sundays. Sometimes, if the nitrates gets high, I'll do a bigger water change, like 30-40% instead of the normal 20%.

I keep a spreadsheet log of everything I do. Tests, water changes, adding fish, fish loss, etc. It's kind of a history.

I run a spread sheet that is nearly an exact mirror of SpeedEuphoria. The only difference is that my note field also includes water changes. It's a nice history and I don't have to depend on my memory for details.

well you all inspired me to create my own spreadsheet. I was going to create one for cycling my tank, so I added a log for my 30g and 10 tanks while I was at it.

you guys posting your spreadsheets or send them to mua? I am not good with making em

yes I also keep a spreadsheet! of most everything I do and what not I typed it up on microsoft excel and have a different one for evey tank!
tifta, if you still need one monday i can send it to you when I get back to work!

I keep a simple table in excel to keep track of water changes and filter cleanings. I can't remember with all the tanks I have. :)

i keep track of my tank/s too

i use google/s calendar function (g-mail has it included and it's free)

i track
- fish buys (price too)
- fish loss
- fish diseases
- products bought (prices too)
- PWC's (%)
- water condition once a week (sunday) if no problems detected in the tank
- water condition once a day if problems detected
- food that i feed to the fish (and quantity)
- temperature daily (min and max)

if any of you need a glance...
Fish - 29 gal

Kimo the link doesn't seem to be working for me.

I need to do a spread sheet or something, get more organized. I am thinking up a fourth tank right now so I will need to keep an eye on all 4. I thought i would be crazy asking about a spreed sheet on here, but it looks like a lot of you already keep one! :p

I also keep a log of everything...but written...would love a spreadsheet!
I track water changes (usually 1 per week), fish added/lost, behavior problems (which I've had more that I would like), what I do to try to resolve problem, what works/what doesn't....

Heres a pic of mine, I'm still a newbie and this was an after thought, so its basic but evolving. Its not exactly correct from the beginning, I have notes floating around and have been adding them into this when I find them.
img_882215_0_b0c78668aa5e8fe4d3cfc69a85ba54c6.jpg

Last edited:
Kimo the link doesn't seem to be working for me.

I need to do a spread sheet or something, get more organized. I am thinking up a fourth tank right now so I will need to keep an eye on all 4. I thought i would be crazy asking about a spreed sheet on here, but it looks like a lot of you already keep one! :p

It should work now... it was mispelled... my fault... duh!

AquaLog

Tracking Spreadsheet

Thanks...

I will create a spreadsheet from my adventures and share...I seem to have the most unusual problems...maybe because I've only been in this for a year, but I ventured beyond beginner almost immediately and have learned many hard leasons by not doing homework, or getting the wrong advice from pet stores.

I got my 55 gallon from a friend who could not keep up with the maintenance. I have since aquired many "community" species and have learned that certain fish do not get along and, fish in general, DO NOT grow to the size of their environment...thay grow to the size they grow! I am now faced with "what to do" with these large fish that are outgrowing their space.

Also started a Cichlid tank (not with the intention to breed). But I guess I created a great breeding ground and now have buffalohead babies that are starting to breed (males humps are getting large and I'm observing strange behaviour). Again, I am faced with an overcrowded tank. I will give some babies to my local store and the owner is giving me a 45 gallon tank...great more adventures!

Crazy Crazy

Back
Top Bottom