Squash sinking

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dkmuller

Aquarium Advice Activist
What is the secret to squash sinking?. I get it to then sometimes it won't .

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I use those stupid little forks no one likes to eat with.

Just stab it into the meaty end of the squash and it sinks beautifully.

Wow great idea

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Aquarium Advice mobile app

If someone in your household balks at fork robbery from the flatware, you can usually find stray forks cheap (under a dollar) at thrift stores or yard sales. Just make sure they are stainless steel and not aluminum.

You can also tie fishing line or cotton string/thread around the fork handle with a long enough piece to let it run from the bottom of the fork to the top of the aquarium for easy retrieval if all the cucumber, squash, whatever, doesn't all get eaten before it starts to fall apart.

That is a good idea! Would a plastic fork with the handle "planted" into the substrate work as well?

Sent from my SM-T310 using Aquarium Advice mobile app

I think you would probably have the weight a plastic fork under a rock or something in order for it to work. They are simply weigh much less than water, so will float as much or more as vegetables.

Boil the piece of squash then immediately put it in a nice bath and I will sink. If I doesn't work the first time just repeat it again till it sinks when you put in the water.

I suppose that would work. I just don't like boiling nutrition out of the food if the kind of fish I'm feeding can and will eat it raw.

Back
Top Bottom