Stains on tank hood

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
honestly i never thought of using spring water, i was always told because i only have well water that i would have to use RO water. i will have to look into that now

no but it has a lot of natural salt and lots of chlorine in it it would take more money to amend it then just getting ro water

Chlorine/chloramine is fairly easily fixed by Prime, which is cheap. Did you say your fish died, or was it anecdotal?

no we put trace amounts of chlorine in it to purify it. we don't drink it only use it for showers and stuff. we have tons of natural salts in it because its a fairly old well.

tastes nasty and very salty. the well is around 15 years old. we are drilling a new well sometime next year so i will probably then try and use it

You might try something that likes harder water, like a molly or platy, to see if there is something else more sinister at work.

Regardless, your situation is unique, and you shouldn't necessarily draw conclusions about other people's situations based on it. That was my major issue.

true i am sorry about that. i was always told to use RO water by many people so i assumed it was the best to use. my bad

Back
Top Bottom