Stands

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who buys a stand? I was out shopping for a stand when I got my 29g and the prices just seemed way to much. If you no how I'd just make one. Two of ours are holding tv's now lol

I'd agree that a lot of the commercially available ones aren't that great and there are some designed for 50gal aquariums that I don't think I'd trust to hold a few potted plants. However, I got a nice one at PetSmart a little over a year ago that I'm happy with. Where have you looked?

Agreed, the price of the 55/75 gal tank stand was about 2-3x the price of the 55gal tank.

I got mine from petsmart as well. I wanted one that looked more like furniture so it would look decent in my living room. However I will say for the money I paid for it, it is a piece of junk. And yes, I agree most stands for sale are cheaply made. When I get a new one I will probably just get one made and stain it myself.

well, my tank was from a friend. but its uaually 100 for the tank and likw 150 to 160 for the wooden stand iron ones run cheaper.. i got an iron one for my 29 gallon. 143 for the combo.

i restainded and finished mine since im in a buliding technology program. i aslo reinforced it..

They're all made of crumby pressed wood, the ones at reasonable prices. I don't have the resources to build one. The cams dont work and dowels don't line up.

Hmmm.. I've seen those at walmart, maybe at petsmart, but never in my LFS. I only have solid wood stands. And yes, they are expensive, but I don't have the time or patience to build a stand

aquabeast said:
i restainded and finished mine since im in a buliding technology program. i aslo reinforced it..

Like I said just make one

If you don't need something that looks nice / elegant, you could go for utility shelving. My boyfriend got one, 72" x 36" x 18" (I think) for about $30. It's set up as two 36" high sections, in a corner and shaped like an 'L'. Works great for his 50 gal and you can also use table clothes or drapes to conceal the area below the shelves, plus it's much more storage than most other stands. Though the shelves are rated strong enough to hold the 550+lbs of tank & water, he also got some 2 x 6's as additional support.

mfdrookie516 said:
Hmmm.. I've seen those at walmart, maybe at petsmart, but never in my LFS. I only have solid wood stands. And yes, they are expensive, but I don't have the time or patience to build a stand

I know, and my patience has run out

Back
Top Bottom