Starting 2 gallon pico tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

BlaseMrNiceguy

Aquarium Advice FINatic
So I'm about to embark on a 2 gallon pico tank. It's going to be planted nicely have a dirt substrate And some driftwood. Heading to the LFS today to get the filter and decor. So I'm thinking maybe a couple killie clowns and maybe a couple RCS. What do u guys think?

Thanks, I can't wait to get it done I read a big article on pico tanks yesterday and had this 2 gallon and figured why not.

Thanks, I can't wait to get it done I read a big article on pico tanks yesterday and had this 2 gallon and figured why not.

So I picked up a nice little adjustable filter last night, my substrate (aqua soil), a nice little piece of manzanita branch, and a small piece of slate rock. I got it all in the tank last night now just waiting for the water to clear and the wood to sink. Now time to think plants, I was thinking some micro sword to make a little carpet, some Christmas moss to attach to the wood and rock and maybe a couple sunset wendetti. What do you guys think of that so far will post pics when I get the wood sunk.

Here's a pic so far since I got everything in the tank with the plants been adding fish food to start the cycle a little going to add some seeded media to the filter which will hopefully speed the cycle up tremendously. Waters still a little cloudy will get a better pic once settled but I couldn't wait.

image-1454359463.jpg

BlaseMrNiceguy said:
Here's a pic so far since I got everything in the tank with the plants been adding fish food to start the cycle a little going to add some seeded media to the filter which will hopefully speed the cycle up tremendously. Waters still a little cloudy will get a better pic once settled but I couldn't wait.

Your cycle will go quickly. Are you adding a source of ammonia? I added two pieces of media about 3 square inches total and my five cycled in a few days. I have my female betta in there too

That tank is gorgeous! If you add the media it will go soooo much faster! That's the only way that I do my cycles:) also I vote for the clown killifish! They are beyond adorable:D. Good luck with the tank no matter which way you go.

Back
Top Bottom