Starting a 20 gallon long tank!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

TyAdams2211

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Alright its been cycling properly for about a month. I really want a group of cool looking fish but obviously they need to be compatible. I know that all of these won't fit haha but here is a list of fish I want:
-Tiger barbs (5-7)
-An eel of some sort (that doesn't get too big)
-Small kind of Pleco
-Ghost Knife (Until it gets too big, I'll move it I promise!)
-Any Cichlids?
-Other suggestions?
Tell me which ones you think would go well in the tank, as many as I can add without overstocking. I know I can't add all of them at the same time, only a couple at a time right? Also, i know some fish listed above don't belong together, so which ones should I choose over the others?
Thanks =)

Most of those fish are not going to work. A small pleco, sure. Bristlenose, pitbull, rubber lip. Cichlids- rams, apistos, kribs... or you could set up a species only shell dweller tank. You could do a school of tetras and a pair of the dwarf cichlids I suggested...

Tank is too small for the tiger barbs and they wouldn't work with the other fish anyway. You could grow out a ghost knife in there I guess...for like 6 months max. Rams would probably be the best dwarf cichlid for a 20. The only pleco I would do in a 20 gal is the pitbull. Or if you know of another species that only grows to about 3".

Back
Top Bottom