Starting Again

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mattrox

Aquarium Advice Addict
Well, after moving from the tropical North of Australia 3000km South, I have set up my 4ft x 2ft x 1.5 ft (LxWxD). I am going to set it up as a South American"ish" tank. In Darwin I ran it as a bare botton Discus tank.

It is time for a change while I devise a case of MTS so I can do Discus "properly".

The so far the Blue Rams (x3) and Apistogramma cacatuoides (x3) and Corydras julii (x5) are doing well. The tank looks kind of empty now but the fish are doing well.

It has some crypts, Amazon sword and Anubias planted right now. I plan to add more as time goes on and money allows it. I think I am going to finish it off with 10 Cardinal and 10 Emperor tetras. I am hoping to pick up a pair of Keyholes along the way and perhaps some Apistogramma Borellii.

Cute fish. :) And it sounds like a good setup.

Congrats on your move... if it was a good thing. :roll: :lol:

-brent

Only thing I just noticed is that two of the poor little guys have no pelvic fins.... hmmm they seem happy enough and are fiesty little things. May be tank over crowding when very small led to fights? Could it be a defect? They are eating and they seem to have no imparements in their movement so there seems to be no reason to cull them.

I'll have to go back to the LFS and see if there are more like that so I can let them know.

I love Rams! ....

p.s. I also love lots of other fish hehehe (Don't we all)

Well I did go back to the LFS and they swapped the Rams. YAY 3 hours after introducing them the female is flirting with one of the males. I guess the new fish have settled in well!

Back
Top Bottom