Starting to cycle my 2 tanks AGAIN!!! Arg!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

11bkd

Aquarium Advice Regular
Take this as a warning folks - If you go on holiday NEVER leave your fish killing mother with a house key :(

She decided to test the aquarium water while she was over and found I had nitrates at 5 ppm. The book with my API test kit recommended a 20% water change to make the fish happier. Which she did. Without using water conditioner. When she did another test a couple of days later she found the ammonia was really high so she did a 50% water change. Without water conditioner. SHE'S DESTROYED MY BACTERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN BOTH TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She also fed the black moor so much the poor wee guy couldn't see when I got home for all the rotting food!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Take this as a warning folks - If you go on holiday NEVER leave your fish killing mother with a house key :(

She decided to test the aquarium water while she was over and found I had nitrates at 5 ppm. The book with my API test kit recommended a 20% water change to make the fish happier. Which she did. Without using water conditioner. When she did another test a couple of days later she found the ammonia was really high so she did a 50% water change. Without water conditioner. SHE'S DESTROYED MY BACTERIA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

IN BOTH TANKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She also fed the black moor so much the poor wee guy couldn't see when I got home for all the rotting food!

ARGHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

This is so not funny but....I still wanna laugh! Im sorry to hear about that mess. You didnt lose any fish?

Luckily I was only away for a week but she's still made a complete mess of my aquarium :( I've done my best with the tanks since I got back and I've a lot of work ahead of me to restore the balance but luckily all fish & molluscs are accounted for. Let's hope it continues!

And yes, it would be funny if I wasn't going to be doing daily water changes for the next couple of months. She keeps saying 'no harm done' as if it's true. Poor fish, at least they can see it now lol!

Luckily I was only away for a week but she's still made a complete mess of my aquarium :( I've done my best with the tanks since I got back and I've a lot of work ahead of me to restore the balance but luckily all fish & molluscs are accounted for. Let's hope it continues!

And yes, it would be funny if I wasn't going to be doing daily water changes for the next couple of months. She keeps saying 'no harm done' as if it's true. Poor fish, at least they can see it now lol!

lol can you steal filter media from another tank?

Back
Top Bottom