Starving plecos.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Try seaweed sheets and cut of big pieces at a time. I have two plecos in a 55gal Cichlid tank. They LOVE seaweed, to the point they will fight my cichlids for It. It's rather cheap If you can find some at a LFS. Very healthy too!

Only LFS is petsmart and it doesn't look like they have them.

I bought the same algae wafers that goldfish loach boy has and this morning when I woke up, 1 of them was devoured and the other was half gone... I just don't know if my plecos ate it or my corries did.

Congrats! Your plecos ate them
Plecos feed at night, while your cories would ave been sound asleep, that's the same case I have, just feed them at night so that they will eat it faster and it won't cloud your water:)

Yeah well I work usually until 11pm so I just pop one in when I get home. I left the half eaten one for my cories. They will eat it as well no?

I have had to give up on the algae wafers for the time being. Plecos don't get a chance to eat them, all, and I mean ALL my other fish eat them. And they fight over them. To the point that I nearly returned my gouramis to the shop for beating the snot out of each other. All because of the wafers. I'm sticking to plec pellets and courgette (zucchini) until the plecs are big enough to take command over their food. The fish just have their flakes and worms, and it's been peaceful ever since.

Try seaweed sheets and cut of big pieces at a time. I have two plecos in a 55gal Cichlid tank. They LOVE seaweed, to the point they will fight my cichlids for It. It's rather cheap If you can find some at a LFS. Very healthy too!

By seaweed sheets, could you just use that nori stuff they make sushi with it it's it different

Yeah well I work usually until 11pm so I just pop one in when I get home. I left the half eaten one for my cories. They will eat it as well no?

Yea, even my black moor and my bn pleco fight for it, but my pleco just pushes it into his little cave, and the moor doesn't fit in there, so yea, but your corry's will try to eat it, but I'm sure your pleco will get his share:)

That's why I put in two. And the Plecos are only 3 inches long and there are two of them, whereas the corries are 2 inches long and 6 of them.

Yea, just as your plecos get bigger, they will eventually be able to eatit preety fast, they are like lawn mowers at eating!

Yeah the pleco was choking down and a cory and a MTS. But none of the danios or barbs so we good

Back
Top Bottom