Steady temp?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flossie

Aquarium Advice Addict
So I have a heater keeping my tanks around 76/78 but sometimes closer to 74/76?? when I turn my light on I know it gets Warmer... I've noticed b4 get up to 80. Idk how to fix this except by keeping the light off. I just bought the heaters for both 10g I do not want to buy another one. would florescent bulbs make all the difference?

Florescent bulbs would help. That is quite the heat from your lights. A fan blowing across the top of tank would help keep things cooler as well.

rich311k said:
Florescent bulbs would help. That is quite the heat from your lights. A fan blowing across the top of tank would help keep things cooler as well.

Its weird bc I have the same heaters in both my ten gallons and one looks like it keeps the tank at 76 and the other close to 78 ... !?? The one that is 78 I keep the light on more... Maybe that's it? Yeah it's frustrating u know how water collects up in the plastic part around the bulb? I touches it and it was really really warm

Fishkeeper26 said:
Fluorescent bulbs should make difference, at least they did with me

Ok... So I can just get the little florescent bulbs? Thanks :) hope that'll work for me too:)

Back
Top Bottom