Sterba's Corys on black sand?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JPA

Aquarium Advice Regular
Would Sterba's Corys look good and interesting on black sand substrate? With the black dots I'm worried that they may just kind of blend in and be hard to see. I plan to get 6-8 in a 75 gallon.

I'm in the middle of cycling so am probably overthinking my stocking options while I wait, but any thoughts appreciated!

They still look good on black sand. Are you looking for a warmer water Cory cat or do you just like Sterba's?

They still look good on black sand. Are you looking for a warmer water Cory cat or do you just like Sterba's?

I am looking for a warmer water cory. I will be keeping my temp around 78.5 degrees. I was initially going to get panda corys but learned that they prefer cooler temps.

I would certainly be open to any suggestions though! Thanks!

IMO Panda's are fine at that temp.

Here's some warmer water Cory's if you're interested........
1. Corydoras Sterbai
2. Bronze Corydoras (68-82)
3. Corydoras Robinae*
4. Corydoras haraldshcultzi
5 Emerald Corydoras
6.Corydoras burgessi
7.Corydoras davidsandsi
8.Corydoras imitator

IMO Panda's are fine at that temp.

Here's some warmer water Cory's if you're interested........
1. Corydoras Sterbai
2. Bronze Corydoras (68-82)
3. Corydoras Robinae*
4. Corydoras haraldshcultzi
5 Emerald Corydoras
6.Corydoras burgessi
7.Corydoras davidsandsi
8.Corydoras imitator

Very helpful list, thanks!

No problem. Let us know what you decide to go with.

The Corydoras Burgessi (axel rod) is similar to a panda and is found in the same Waters as discus.

No problem. Let us know what you decide to go with.

The Corydoras Burgessi (axel rod) is similar to a panda and is found in the same Waters as discus.

Will do.

Are any Corydoras supposed to be more active than others?

Not that I've ever seen. Some of those I've never kept or never seen anyone else keep for first hand knowledge. I'd assume they have very similar behaviors.

Back
Top Bottom