"sterilising" tanks - help please!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lotsofbabies

Aquarium Advice Regular
OK, so I've decided to get rid of ALL the snails. :facepalm:

1. How do I ensure that I get rid of all eggs without harming my guppies? I've decided that I will never ever get snails again!! So I want to ensure that the tank is "sterile" from all snails/their eggs/possible babies/etc... :banghead: I've heard that certain fish medicine can kill snails, so should I get some? Will it harm my guppies if they are not sick? :confused:

2. I hate cleaning the tanks (I have 3), so which fish should I get that will eat ALL algea AND still eat normal fish food?? Keep in mind that I would like only 1 per tank as the tanks are not big enough to house more... Guppies are my main priority. :confused:

3. I'm a live and let live person, so please refrain from suggestions of fish that will eat "meat". :eek:

:thanks:

Check the site below for some ideas on ridding snails. Get Rid of Small Snails from Aquariums.

Meds with copper sulfate is mentioned, but has risks.

Once your snail issue is over, You could then consider shrimp like Amano to deal with algae.

:thanks: , I'll be following the link's advice and see what happens. I will be removing most to give to my local pet store, but I'm concerned about those I can not yet see and eggs.

Let's hope I'll have a snail free life!

Back
Top Bottom