Sticking a 10 gallon.

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joemomma456

Aquarium Advice Activist
I already have 3 corys in my 10 gallon and I was wondering what else I could put in there to maybe fill the upper level. Maybe something colorful. Thanks for your suggestions.

Most folks are going to tell you to increase the cories but I'll just go with stocking ideas. Usually I'm good at this but I'm battling a nasty cold so there are probably a lot more options....

-single male or female betta
-single paradise fish
-group of clown killies (only if the tank is covered)
-pair or trio of killies such as A. australe, F. gardneri, etc
-group of male Endlers
-school of ember tetras, chili rasboras (also pygmy spotted, micro, phoenix, etc), dwarf amber barbs, etc

+1 to the +1 of the cories. A dwarf gourami might work. Many people will argue that a DG is not applicable to a ten gallon. If so a Betta would be really beautiful. If you get a Betta, you could try to train it to jump out of the water when you are near. Scarlet badis are nice. Rummy nose tetras will school really close and can make a nice display at a larger number.

Sent from my iPad using Aquarium Advice

+1 to the +1 of the cories. A dwarf gourami might work. Many people will argue that a DG is not applicable to a ten gallon. If so a Betta would be really beautiful. If you get a Betta, you could try to train it to jump out of the water when you are near. Scarlet badis are nice. Rummy nose tetras will school really close and can make a nice display at a larger number.

I wouldn't recommend badis. They tend to be shy and many won't accept anything but live food.

Sparkling gouramis are pretty and peaceful, you could keep a small group.

Back
Top Bottom