Stingray

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I need help mine is just sitting there lethargic and not swimming around at all I can push him with my net and there is no running away just sits there and lets me do whatever to him. I'm doing a water change now hopefully that helps and he doesn't die any other suggestions.

fadetoblack06 said:
I need help mine is just sitting there lethargic and not swimming around at all I can push him with my net and there is no running away just sits there and lets me do whatever to him. I'm doing a water change now hopefully that helps and he doesn't die any other suggestions.

What r your parameters?? Yeah I'd def do a water change, what else is in the tank with him?

Parameters are fine. He's in with a freshwater barracuda. It's only about 5" and stays at the top ph6 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0

fadetoblack06 said:
Parameters are fine. He's in with a freshwater barracuda. It's only about 5" and stays at the top ph6 ammonia 0 nitrite 0 nitrate 0

Odd. How long has this tank been setup and how often do u do water changes?? You should atleast have some nitrates in there (0-40ppm)

It's been up for about a year and previously everything in there was in my 55 for a year prior. Rip stingray he died during the water change.

I know. I set everytthing up too last Thursday for when I picked him up Friday. Fresh water change checked all the parameters bare bottom and heater covered. I don't understand what happened.

fadetoblack06 said:
I know. I set everytthing up too last Thursday for when I picked him up Friday. Fresh water change checked all the parameters bare bottom and heater covered. I don't understand what happened.

Sorry to hear :(

I floated the bag in the tank and then used the bucket I only use for the fish tank and filled it with tank water and slowly added the tank water to the bag over a 2 hour period making sure the water was the same temp as the tank water the whole time then I put him in the tank.

fadetoblack06 said:
I floated the bag in the tank and then used the bucket I only use for the fish tank and filled it with tank water and slowly added the tank water to the bag over a 2 hour period making sure the water was the same temp as the tank water the whole time then I put him in the tank.

I've been told you shouldn't acclimate them for no more than 45mins, don't know the reason behind it but that's what I've heard

Back
Top Bottom