Stingray tank questions

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

schmidt1216

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hello I'm going to be purchasing a stingray in the near future and was wondering if a 6, 2, 18" tank is big enough for a small stingray ( Galaxy p14)
And also how thick glass do you need for a 180 gal tank

Hello I'm going to be purchasing a stingray in the near future and was wondering if a 6, 2, 18" tank is big enough for a small stingray ( Galaxy p14)

And also how thick glass do you need for a 180 gal tank

I think that tank would be a good size but I'm no expert also my 155 gallon tank has half inch thick glass if that helps a little for your tank build

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

You'd want to be looking at acrylic for that sized tank, not glass. It would be ridiculously heavy.

I have a 100 gallon that my roommate and I moved by ourselves and it was beyond intense. It's a meta frame from the 60's, so it's heavier than tanks these days, but a tank of the dimensions that the OP is listing would be best made of acrylic

EDIT: I thought you originally said 8 feet, not 6. I personally wouldn't do rays in a tank less than 8 feet x 2 feet (3 would be better)

Back
Top Bottom