Stinky and cloudy Tank

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Aquatecture

Aquarium Advice Regular
IMG_9705.jpg

Somethings wrong with my tank. Still cloudy and getting stinky. I recently made 100 percent water change but after a day or two water turns like this.... any ideas guys?

I took out my fishes too because some of them just died. I don't know whats causing this. Need help guys

How long has the tank been setup? What does it smell like?

Need to know ammonia and nitrite measurements.

Now my plants ang dying ..... it all started when the filter stopped i think not knowing it was not running for a couple of days maybe? Then it led to this .... now i flushed out the water cleaned my filter hoping it will recover

IMG_9783.jpg

I think i just made a big mistake. Doing water change of almost 100 and cleaned my filter.... question now is will they all die ?

I checked an old thread that was posted about this tank about a month or so ago you mentioned there was some brown leaves (plant is Monte Carlo) and the topic of a regular fertilizer routine was brought up (none). It was suggested that the nutrients in the substrate were becoming exhausted.
Did you start a fertilizer routine since that time? A test kit (and results of such testing) for nitrate and phosphate would be helpful for the plants (as well as ammonia and nitrite for the fish).
How much CO2 is being added to that tank?
In the mean time, you could decrease the lighting period. Less light, less demand for CO2 and fertilizers.

I think the cause might also be my filter that stopped like maybe for a week? But the water went cloudy in a day since I always look at my tank and never suspected that the filter wasn't running. Only the time when i saw the fishes were like floating....

Now they're all turning yellow and looks like they're not getting any better....

I checked an old thread that was posted about this tank about a month or so ago you mentioned there was some brown leaves (plant is Monte Carlo) and the topic of a regular fertilizer routine was brought up (none). It was suggested that the nutrients in the substrate were becoming exhausted.
Did you start a fertilizer routine since that time? A test kit (and results of such testing) for nitrate and phosphate would be helpful for the plants (as well as ammonia and nitrite for the fish).
How much CO2 is being added to that tank?
In the mean time, you could decrease the lighting period. Less light, less demand for CO2 and fertilizers.

I did not bother putting fertilizer since I saw the following week they were getting better.

Do you feed the fish daily? Just curious because the food should have been swirling around on account of the Lily pipes you have in there. I imagine it would be hard to miss that.
As a general rule, more light, then more CO2 and fertilizers are needed. Not sure where you got the advice on not providing fertilizers (I believe it was even mentioned in the other thread).
I think you would get better responses if you were to post the tank specifics such as: tank size, temp, filter make and model, light fixture make and model, number of hours it is on per day, type of substrate, CO2 and fertilizer routine (what, how much, when), any recent changes to any of the regular routines. Other helpful parameters, if you have them, such as ammonia, nitrite, nitrate, and phosphate.

Back
Top Bottom